Do you ever have a sweet craving but don’t want to deal with the temptation of an entire cake? Well get ready for the perfect solution… a cake in a mug! We tested out our first one with our favorite combination… chocolate, graham crackers and marshmallows! See how we made this quick and yummy treat below!
S’mores Mug Cake
(Makes one serving)
1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
3 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/8 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Combine 3 tablespoons butter and 1/4 cup of chocolate chips in a small bowl, then melt in the microwave for 20-30 seconds. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine 1/2 tablespoon melted butter with 2-3 tablespoons of graham cracker crumbs and stir until moistened. Press graham crumbs into the bottom of your mug.
- In a bowl whisk egg, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa
- Combine flour mixture to egg mixture and fold in additional chocolate chips.
- Add chocolate and butter bowl to batter
- Pour half of the mixture on top of the graham crust, then put in a few marshmallows. Add remaining batter on top, then pop in the microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- Remove and top with more marshmallows (we put them in a toaster oven for a few seconds to make them nice and toasty)
- Sprinkle with graham crumbs and chocolate chips!
Microwave for 1 minute 30
… and dig in! Let us know how it turns out for you!!
Recipe adapted from How Sweet It Is.