Having a DIY Tie-Dye party is so easy and fun! It has quickly become one of our new favorite things to do during this quarantine! It's so much fun to get outside in the fresh air and make cute new things to wear!
The fun thing about DIY tie-dying is that you can pretty much use anything! It can be an old t-shirt or pair of socks or something new that you want to add some color to!
Easy instructions on how to DIY Tie-Dye!
1. Get an assortment of colors of Rit Dye from your local craft store… we found hundreds of colors at Michael’s!
2. Use rubber bands to tie sections of the cloth together, that is how you will make tie-dye circles.
3. Pour each color dye into a separate bucket filled with water.
4. Line up your buckets of dye and start dipping your fabric! If you plan on different colors repeat the dying process with other colors.
5. When you are satisfied with the color, remove the item from the bucket of dye and rinse in cold water. Rinse by hose or by swirling in a bucket of cold water.
6. Make sure you have a clothes line or fence to hang your treasures up to dry!
We lined up six colors in the yard and tie-dyed everything from T-shirts and sweatshirts to socks and underwear! It was SO much fun... we can't wait to do it again!
It's the little things in life that make it so much fun!