Soooo s'mores are kinda our thing. They remind us of simpler days, when the most stressful thing in life was trying not to burn your marshmallow (unless you were into that). They carry nostalgic memories of camping with friends and family, sharing laughs around the fire and just enjoying the little things under the stars. Graham crackers, chocolate, and a gooey marshmallow... you just can't go wrong! This is why we're pretty obsessed with S'mores Brownies!
See below for the recipe and our DIY S'mores Bar!!
It turns out, making brownies from scratch is so easy... it took about the same time as it would from a box so we definitely recommend it!
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
10 graham crackers
1/3 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. In a saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter. Remove from heat, and stir in sugar, eggs, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat in 1/3 cup cocoa, 1/2 cup flour, salt, and baking powder
3. Next, make the graham cracker crust! 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 10 whole crackers), 1/3 cup granulated sugar, 1/3 cup salted butter, melted
It's super easy to put the graham crackers in a big Ziploc bag and crush them with a measuring cup
4. Line a 9x9 baking pan with foil
5. In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter until crust forms
6. Press graham cracker crust into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 15 minutes or until crust is lightly brown
7. Stir milk chocolate chips into the batter
8. Pour brownie mix on top of the crust. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
9. Switch your oven to broil. Evenly top brownies with marshmallows
10. Place the pan into the oven, broil until the marshmallows just begin to brown ** Make sure to check every 20 seconds... they brown FAST!**
11. Remove from the oven and let the brownies cool completely. To remove, gently lift the brownies out of the pan by using the extra foil on the sides. Pull the foil away and cut into squares
Pour, bake, then top with marshmallows... it's as simple as that!