Happy Winnie the Pooh Day! Who knew a little bear could be so wise? We LOVE his simple sayings and caring nature! Patti wanted to write a little something dedicated to this special day: One of my dear friends nicknamed me Patti Pooh! Anytime a difficult situation or complex subject came up, I would point out what we can’t control, focus on the positive and then change the subject back to something fun … like, “Let's go have a yummy picnic!” He called my comments “Poohisms”. The world and life can be so complicated and sometimes there isn’t anything we can do except change the way we think about it. Here are my 10 favorite Poohisms... which are also super valuable Life Lessons!
1. Cherish Your Friends “If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you.”
- Live in the moment.
“What day is it?” It’s today,” squeaked Piglet. My favorite day,” said Pooh.”
3. Using long words is overrated. “It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn’t use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like, “What about lunch?”- Pooh
- If you want something, go and get it.
“You can’t always sit in your corner of the forest and wait for people to come to you… you have to go to them sometimes.”
- There’s no such thing as a silly question.
- Love can really hurt.
“Love is taking a few steps backward maybe even more... to give way to the happiness of the person you love."
- Be patient.
- Sometimes, working towards getting something you really want is even better than having it.
- You can’t explain love.
Piglet: "How do you spell love?" Pooh: "You don't spell it... you feel it!"
10. And my personal favorite... It's the little things! “Sometimes,’ said Pooh, ‘the smallest things take up the most room in your heart.”