Do you ever have a sweet craving but don't want to deal with the temptation of an entire cake? Well get ready for the perfect solution... a cake in a mug! We tested out our first one with our favorite combination... chocolate, graham crackers and marshmallows! See how we made this quick and yummy treat below!
S'mores Mug Cake (Makes one serving)
1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs 3 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted 2 tablespoons granulated sugar 1 egg 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder 1/8 teaspoon baking powder pinch of salt 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips 4-5 marshmallows
- Combine 3 tablespoons butter and 1/4 cup of chocolate chips in a small bowl, then melt in the microwave for 20-30 seconds. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine 1/2 tablespoon melted butter with 2-3 tablespoons of graham cracker crumbs and stir until moistened. Press graham crumbs into the bottom of your mug.
- In a bowl whisk egg, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa
- Combine flour mixture to egg mixture and fold in additional chocolate chips.
- Add chocolate and butter bowl to batter
- Pour half of the mixture on top of the graham crust, then put in a few marshmallows. Add remaining batter on top, then pop in the microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- Remove and top with more marshmallows (we put them in a toaster oven for a few seconds to make them nice and toasty)
- Sprinkle with graham crumbs and chocolate chips!
Start by melting the chocolate and butter in the microwave
Melt a little more to make the graham cracker crust
Here's the base!
Crack your egg!
Whisk the egg, sugar and vanilla together
In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder and stir into the egg mixture
Whoops! Thankfully our only casualty!
Combine the two bowls until it forms a thick batter
Pour onto graham cracker crust
Add the middle layer of marshmallows
Top with remaining batter
Microwave for 1 minute 30
Top with toasted marshmallows, graham cracker crumbs and chocolate chips...
... and dig in! Let us know how it turns out for you!!
Recipe adapted from How Sweet It Is.